|Sales Value by Auction House||PNG CSV|
|Sales Value by Sale Type||PNG CSV|
|Sales Value by Location||PNG CSV|
|Sales Value by Category||PNG CSV|
RawFacts Auction Review 2022
- Analyst: Lindsay Dewar, Freya Russell
- Pages: 24
- Access: Analyst
Global auction sales from Christie’s, Sotheby’s and Phillips totalled $13.8 billion in 2022, up 13% from 2021.
– Global art market sets a second consecutive sales record in 2022
– Single Owner collections drive almost a third of total auction sales
– New York increases its market share as Hong Kong falls back
– Online-Only auction sales drops by a third as art market reverts to normal
– Christie’s retakes pole position in 2022 on the back of Single Owner collections
About this report:
This report presents a comparative analysis of all auction sales at Sotheby’s, Christie’s and Phillips in 2022. The report allows you to quickly see which auction house is trending and what collecting segments are the key drivers of growth.