|Sales Value by Auction House||PNG CSV|
|Sales Value by Location||PNG CSV|
|Sales Value by Category||PNG CSV|
RawFacts | Online-Only Auction Review 2020
- Analyst: Lindsay Dewar
- Pages: 28
- Access: Analyst
Global auction sales from Christie’s, Sotheby’s and Phillips ended at $1.05 billion in 2020, up 524% from 2019. The three auction houses organised 644 Online- Only auctions in 2020, up from 219 in 2019.
– Online-Only auctions account for 14% share of total sales
– Sotheby’s accounted for 69.1% share of Online-Only sales
– Increase in buyer confidence as average Online-Only prices up 151% in 2020
– Fine Art drives online sales in 2020
– Collectible sectors, particularly Jewels & Watches, buoyed online sales in 2020
– Online-Only auctions provide opportunities for new art market hubs
About this report:
This report presents an instant comparative analysis of all online-only auction sales at Sotheby’s, Christie’s and Phillips in 2020. The report allows you to quickly see which auction house is trending, and what collecting segments are the key drivers of growth, or were most impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.