Resale Analysis: Marquee Evening Sales, New York – November 2022
- Analyst: Lindsay Dewar, Anya Nikolaeva
- Pages: 10
- Access: Analyst Pro
Average resale returns fall
The evening sales during the Marquee auction weeks in New York (9th – 17th November 2022) of Impressionist, Modern, Post-War and Contemporary art saw 121 lots returning to the auction market for the second, third or fourth time, accounting for 60.7% of the total evening sales value.
This edition of our Resale Analysis series, looks at the performance of these 121 repeat auction sales and what insights they provide us about the nature of art as an investment.
This report includes:
– Resold Lots Analysis
– Top 10 Resold Lots by Annual Return and Holding Period
– Top 30 Ranking Table (Resold Lots by Annual Return)
– Worst Performers Table (Resold Lots by Negative Annual Return)
– Focus: Multiple Resales
– Focus: Artist Ranking by number of lots resold
BESPOKE: If you are interested in looking at the level of market momentum for a particular artist’s market, please contact us and we can give you a quote for a bespoke artist report. Please contact us on email@example.com.