|Sales Value by Auction House||PNG CSV|
|Sales Value by Sale Type||PNG CSV|
|Sales Value by Location||PNG CSV|
Auction Review – 1st Half 2020
- Analyst: Lindsay Dewar
- Pages: 20
- Access: Analyst
Global auction sales from Christie’s, Sotheby’s and Phillips ended up at $2.88 billion in 2020, down 49% from first half 2019.
– Global auction down 49% in first half of 2019.
– All three auction houses experience decline in the first half of the year.
– Sotheby’s gains market share at Christie’s and Phillips expense.
– Online-only auction sales increase 497% in the first half of 2020
– Hong Kong continues to gain market share as a prime location for the high-end of the market.
About this report:
This report presents an instant comparative analysis of all auction sales (physical, online-only and hybrid sales) at Sotheby’s, Christie’s and Phillips. This report includes sales up to 10th July 2020, to ensure it captured the main Hybrid summer auction season. The report allows you to quickly see which auction house is trending, and what collecting segments are the key drivers of growth.
Quarter-on-quarter sales trends across all categories:
Market share by location, auction house and type of sale (physical, online-only and hybrid)
Market share by collecting category