Art & Finance Report 2013
|Report Type||Market Report|
W Art & Finance Report 2013
Deloitte Luxembourg and ArtTactic is delighted to present the 2nd edition of the Art & Finance Report 2013. This is a joint effort, in which Deloitte and ArtTactic analysed the industry’s development over the last 14 months.
The art finance report 2013 report confirms that the global art market is on the rise. Especially relevant is the increasing attention being paid to the concept of art as an asset class fosters the development of a new type of professional services in the art and finance industry.
The highlights of the report include:
- Increase in confidence among wealth managers in the development of the Art & Finance industry.
- Most noteworthy is that economic uncertainty is increasing client demand for alternative investments. Portfolio diversification is more important than investment returns for wealth managers, collectors and art professionals surveyed.
- The role of art in wealth management is changing from client entertainment to art wealth management services. The increasing value of art is creating a need for banking services to protect, enhance or monetise this value.
- The global art investment fund market increased by 69% to US$ 1.62 billion in 2012. Furthermore this was driven by Chinese demand for art investments, though it remains a nascent market.
- The Art & Finance industry is set to benefit from greater transparency and more liquidity. New online transaction platforms add liquidity to the lower end of the art market. These will broaden the scope and depth of art market data available. In turn it will improve the valuation of art.
- Online education plays an ever increasing role in building confidence in the art market.